Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pretty Girls

In the "What were you doing while Lucas was being born?" category ... Our friends Guillaume and Nathalie had their four-month-old son Timéo baptized on Saturday. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, no ceremony in France is complete if not accompanied by a party! The 11:30am baptism was followed immediately by noon apéritif, afternoon meal, pétanque, evening apéritif, evening meal ... We were outside at Guillaume and Nathalie's house and it was a lovely, sunny day. Maëva and I finally left around 11:30pm. Twelve hours of partying had tired us out. We left the party in full swing, however. This was Maëva's first opportunity for fancy dress. Sylvain and I went shopping Friday morning to buy her a dress and a headband and we attached the little pink bow from Alicia to the headband. Maëva was the belle of the ball and got tons of compliments on her head wear! Sylvain took this shot of the two of us:

3 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Looks like Maëva is learning to smile for the camera!

Rone' said...

I LOVE this picture. It is great of both girls!

ET said...

In an unrelated matter, today was day 63 of triple digit temps in OKC this year. I think it will probably be the last one, although we'll see.