After Meredith left, we discovered a strange set of objects in a bag in the fridge. They were light brown in color and looked like they came out of the ground. They didn't look like sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, or carrots. Were they edible?
I tracked down Roy and Nicole on-line and asked them. "Parsnips" was the reply. Ahhh ... parsnips ... obviously. This evening, I cooked them as a side for dinner. I peeled them, then sauteed them with some olive oil on the stovetop. There were a bunch left. I made them all. I ate all of mine. They have a funny aftertaste. Jenn didn't like them. She tried them, but did not finish her share.
We probably won't be buying parsnips any time soon. However, I would eat them again, depending on how they were prepared. I don't know about Jenn.
Side story: today, we had a "lunch and learn" at Garver. A guy from a company that sells fusible PVC pipe came at lunch and gave a presentation. He brought Jimmy Johns sandwiches. Unfortunately, they were pre-sauced. My ham sandwich was slathered with mayo. YUCK! I hate mayo. I did my best to discretely clear as much mayo off as possible, but I was only mildly successful. I didn't finish the sandwich, due to the mayo making me physically ill! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!! I ran over 4 miles when I got up to try to make up for eating that garbage!
So, why the side story? I'd rather eat parsnips than anything with mayo any day of the week!
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Meredith Leftovers
Posted by
ET
at
4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's 4 days in a row of 500-calorie cardio.
Anwyl sautés them in honey and they are delicious. I've tried to do it several times and never succeeded, though. Mine always turn out sickeningly sweet.
Eep! Glad that worked out okay..I had ambitions for the honey parsnip saute, but I overreached...I think you had a mountain of sweet potato casserole, too. Thanks for trying things!
Post a Comment