Saturday, January 28, 2012

Model Maëva

Yesterday afternoon, I got Maëva dressed up in her pretty red, silver, black and white Christmas dress with a white lace headband on and we headed off to the photographer's to get her six-month photos taken. Now, I know I'm her mom and I'm supposed to think she's absolutely amazing, but she REALLY impressed me during her photo shoot! She fell asleep in the car on the way to the studio and stayed asleep as I carried her in, so I was a bit worried about how things would go. But as soon as I started talking to the photographer, she started waking up. She shook off the grogginess after less than a minute and started looking around at everything. She was very interested in all the lights and wires. The photo shoot lasted about thirty minutes and the whole time she was bright and smiling and looking around and just generally being very cute and very good. She flashed smile after smile at the photographer and the store manager and didn't cry or make a pout or any other kind of negative sound or gesture for the whole time! The fact that she loves to ham it up for the camera (this started a few months ago already) makes it hard to get a spontaneous, natural shot of her, but it came in handy yesterday as the photographer didn't have to work too hard to get Maëva to look at her. The staff had nothing but compliments about how beautiful and well-behaved she was. Yes, I know they're supposed to do all they can to keep their clients happy, but I'd like to think there was some truth there anyway. When it was all over, I got Maëva bundled back up and out to the car. She fell back asleep on the way home. Modeling is such hard work! She really seemed like a little professional. Monday morning, I'll go back to choose the shots I want. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turned out.

3 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Just like her Mom! Can't wait to see the pix.

Rone' said...

She takes after her mommy ... who has been a ham since a week old!

mt San Francisco said...

In the genes...