I put the dogs out in the yard so I could vacuum up an abundance of dog hair floating around the floor. A bit later, I decided to refill the bird feeders, so gathered my supplies and stepped outside. Britt came running ... Goo waddled up. Where's Jenny? With her longer legs, she's usually the first one to get to anyone. No Jenny. No Lady. I called Jenny a few times. Eventually, I heard her tail thumping on the UNDER side of the deck. I knew she wanted to know what hides under there ... and I knew she had been digging ... but that much? I went and looked. Yep, a hole under the corner of the deck, but it really didn't look big enough for Jenny. It was, however, big enough for Lady -- doesn't take much for her to get out. Sure enough, Jenny's nose peaking out at me ... with big brown eyes saying, "I'm stuck, Mom!" So I went and found a shovel, dug a little big more, and then called her to try again. In the midst of her squirms to get out, Lady decided she would come out, too, and squirmed around Jenny, then stood right in front of her so she couldn't get out! Jenny did eventually snake her way out and I blocked the hole with a couple large pieces of flagstone and then put the dirt and dog house back in front. Do I think that will keep it from happening again? Probably not. Maybe she learned she really doesn't want to go under there again ... but I doubt it.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment