Ever since we took the training wheels off her bike, Rachel's been asking to go on "Nine Mile Run", the trail in Frick Park where we saw the snake earlier this year. She learned how to start by herself yesterday, so this morning she and I drove to Frick Park, and she biked on the trails while I ran behind her.
The trails are a lot bumpier than the parking lot at the park down the hill, and there are slight grades in many places, but she did well nonetheless. After a brief excursion on the Nine Mile Run Trail, we went up the Tranquility Trail past Forbes Ave, for those of you who know where that is. It was uphill all the way, which meant that when we turned around, it was much easier going. I had to really run to keep up then. At one point, Rachel's left foot came off her pedal, so she couldn't apply her (pedal) brakes. I had to sprint to catch up and slow her down.
We didn't see any more snakes, but we had fun anyway, and we'll probably do it again soon.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Morning ride
Posted by
Roy
at
4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like fun.
Wow! No stopping her now!
Yeah ... I hear she's planning a bike ride from Pittsburgh to g'pa's house!
Post a Comment