Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday Baking

This year I decided to try my hand at candy making rather than baking a bunch of cookies.  The results are mixed.  So far I have made soft caramels, bourbon chocolate balls, divinity, and pralines.  The caramels were by far the best; and I no longer have to search for another caramel recipe, because this is the one.  I couldn't sample the bourbon balls, but Roy said they were good.  As for the divinity and pralines, well, I'm hoping to find a better recipe and see if that improves things.  They are good, but not exactly what I had in mind.  Comparing the recipes I tried to others, there were some differences that might have contributed to the slightly wrong texture (basically temperatures).  I have ingredients to make english toffee, almond roca, and butterscotch discs.  And, if I can summon enough ambition, I'll try another round of divinity and pralines.

1 comments:

Meredith Tromble said...

Would you consider posting the caramel recipe?