Tuesday the 28th. 5:30 wakeup with fussy baby. Argh. Maëva was up an hour later, so I put on some cartoons and dozed a little more on the couch. We had planned to go to the OK Corral western themed amusement park today with Sylvain so I showed Maëva the website. I thought she would be excited because she likes horses and a cartoon called Sheriff Callie, but she thought it was scary because of the Halloween decorations they have currently and said she didn't want to go. She eventually changed her mind and even got excited when I found a cowboy hat for her to wear and made her a gold "Sheriff Maëva" badge. Jeans and a long-sleeved Levi's t-shirt completed her outfit. We arrived about eleven and stayed until three. Although it's been around since 1966, neither Sylvain nor I had been. Maëva had a great time riding the pony express, the carousel with double seater rocking horses, and the twirly swings. However, the highlight of her day might have been the pink cowgirl hat with the silver "Texas Sheriff" badge Sylvain bought her. She asked me several times whether she could take it home with her. We watched two shows, but the gun fights were a little too loud for her. Mom and I went on a rattlesnake roller coaster. I stupidly banged up and bruised my right hand by getting it knocked on a metal support while waving at Maëva and Sylvain. (Mom posted some photos of OK Corral fun on FB.) Back home, after bath, Maëva wanted to dress up like Sheriff Callie. We rustled up a pretty good costume: pink slipper boots, blue jeans, white shirt, brown vest, red neck handkerchief, and pink cowgirl hat. Mom even made a lasso out of two red shoelaces. Maëva practiced fetching things with her lasso, then she and Mom went outside so she could ride her trusty steed (red tricycle) around. Some silliness followed with Mom "eating" Maëva's tummy. I posted a video to Google Plus. Then it was time to introduce Mom to Frozen before dinner (see Mom's FB photo). Maëva had taken off her costume and turned back into herself for the movie, but she insisted on being Sheriff Callie again for dinner. She also exclaimed several times that the OK Corral had been a lot of fun except for the indians and cowboys who weren't very pretty. She wanted to sleep in her costume, too, but Sylvain managed to convince her that cowgirls wear pajamas!
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ride 'em Cowgirl!
That is quite the outfit.
Very cute cowgirl!
Isn't it sort of Wimbledon-cowgirl-snowbunny? Very creative!
Wimbledon?
Post a Comment