Friday, October 24, 2014

Long Day

I woke up early this morning. Excitement. PE Exam day.

I left about 6 to drive to Edmond. I carried a couple boxes of books into the union and waited to get a seat at a table.

The morning session was 40 questions across the range of civil topics. Seemed pretty easy. Might have missed a couple. I finished in about 2.5 hours (of the 4 allotted). However,  with nothing better to do,  I just checked all my answers.

After lunch,  I had the 40 question topic specific portion. I went with water resources/environmental. The water resources was fine. The environmental was iffy. I don't have much (any) background in water and wastewater treatment. I had practiced some problems that were a lot like ones I saw. Others,  I think I figured out. Others? Eh.

I think I passed. I will find out in about 6 weeks. If not,  I'll study the environmental stuff and try again.

I got home about 6. We ate, and then we drove to Norman High School for the Norman North v. Putnam City North football game. John Kolar is the star QB for Norman North. Norman North win 56-14.

The boys were excellent at the game. Eventually,  Andrew warmed up and talked with Maria and stood with Katie for a while.

Lucas talked in the car all the way home. Andrew fell asleep. I'm going Lucas is asleep now. Yes. It is 10:40. I'm fading. I'm going to check on Lucas and call it a day.

1 comments:

Janice said...

Evan, I'm sure you did great on the test! After passing the test, what else is involved to get the "PE" added to your title?