Here are before and after shots of Lydia's haircut this week. As you can see, she's much happier now.
At the park Monday night, Lydia jumped down from the jungle gym and hurt her foot on the landing. I had to carry her home. Colin walked part of the way. Tuesday morning she was still not putting weight on it, so Nicole took her to the doctor. They X-rayed it, but didn't find anything broken, so it must have been a strain of some kind. She favored it for a couple more days, but things seem back to normal now.
Before the foot injury, Lydia was practicing climbing up on top of the monkey bars. The first time, I helped her up, and while she was sitting there, I stepped away to help Colin. A little later, I heard Lydia scream. She had leaned forward and lost her balance. Fortunately, she managed to hold on, but she was hanging upside-down about six feet above the ground. I hurried to rescue her. In spite of that scare, she spent the rest of the time at the park climbing up on top of the monkey bars and lowering herself back down.
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Lydia's haircut
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. That hair was dragging her down.
Clearly it's genetic -- #2 child has the climbing monkey gene!
Unfortunately, in our case, child #3 clearly has it too.
She can be proud of her strength!
Post a Comment