Thursday, September 24, 2015

Meet Marie and Lauélya

It was a typical early Wednesday afternoon. We were webcamming with Mom between lunch time and nap time. That is, until Maëva's godfather, Gill, drove up and unloaded the tortoises he's been promising Maëva for months. That's when book-reading computer grandma's excitement value went out the window. Meet Maëva's (our) new tortoises Marie and Lauélya (both names of friends at school):

We have set them up in their tank on the sideboard under the window upstairs where Maëva can see them but Laureva can't touch them.
The tortue discussion between Maëva and her godfather has been going on for quite some time. Since the beginning of the year, I think. I was not privy to the initial discussion. Had my decision been sollicited at the time, I probably would have said no. But it wasn't, and here we are with Maëva's first pets!

2 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Ooooooh! They're so cute and furry!

ET said...

How are the turtles doing?