Thursday, May 26, 2016

Those are my choices

This morning, I gave Colin some options for breakfast: cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs. He said to me, "and watermelon. Those are my choices." He considered for a moment and then said, "I want watermelon."

The watermelon came home from the store a few days ago, and he's been asking for it ever since, so this wasn't a surprise, but the method seemed pretty clever.

I cut open the melon and it was in terrible condition, already losing its structure and turning to mush. I threw most of it out, but Colin still ate his and claimed he enjoyed it.

4 comments:

ket said...

How is Nicole doing?

Roy said...

Pretty well. She resumed normal duties after about two weeks off, though she's still avoiding walking long distances, so far.

Meredith Tromble said...

So happy to hear Nicole is back on her feet. We have been worried!

Tanya said...

Already outsmarting you! Watch out.