Sunday, August 21, 2016

Just Peachy

This morning, I went to check on the peaches. Most of them are still hard. However, I persisted in checking for ripe ones. I found a few. I picked eight, two of which I discarded (the outer shell was compromised). I'm not sure if they needed to be discarded, but I figured we would probably have enough.

Now, who is going to eat the peaches?  Both Lucas and Andrew tried a piece tonight. But, neither of them was too fond of it. Andrew ate some broccoli, carrots, and apple (sans peel) this evening, so it's not like he only eats pizza. Jenn had a small piece of one; Jenn isn't particularly fond of peachy things, but she has indicated a willingness to give them a shot. I ate the majority of the peach that was consumed. I've never been a huge peach fan, but I thought it was pretty good.

So, if you're feeling peachy ... or maybe if you would like to feel more peachy ... come give us a visit. I'm sure dad will be able to get his fill of peaches when he's here in a couple weeks!

12 comments:

Tanya said...

So why did you go peach picking?

ET said...

They are in the tree in the back yard.

Tanya said...

That explains it.
Our tree bore one peach this year. Laureva ate it and liked it very much.

ET said...

We have a hundred!

mt San Francisco said...

I love peaches! Maybe they will let you pack some in your bag when you come out?

Tanya said...

When are you going to Oakland?

ET said...

Possibly October. We'd be driving. Are you allowed to bring produce into California?

What's the best way to store peaches for 6 weeks?

Roy said...

Here's California's guide to importing produce. For peaches, Utah is the only state marked in yellow. Apparently they are restricted from parts of the state, but it doesn't say which parts. I'm guessing six weeks would require freezing or canning. You should probably just pick some up at the Village Market once you get there.

ET said...

Meredith ... I guess you're out of luck. You'll have to come our way for peaches!

mt San Francisco said...

Hmmm...might be a tad late to plan a trip for this year. I'll mark "peach season" in 2017!

Galen Tromble said...

We get great peaches here at the farmers market. When they're fully ripe, they are the best summer thing around. I'm looking forward to trying Evan's.

ET said...

I need to go out and harvest another batch, I think.