Friday, September 7, 2018

"Can I have that?"

Yesterday after school, Maëva had her annual eye checkup. Her pediatrician recommends them as Sylvain has had glasses since the age of 5. So far, neither girl has had any vision trouble.
We walked into Mme Araujo's office and Maëva immediately spotted a box of kleenex on her desk printed with a flamingo motif. To my horror, I heard her ask, "Est-ce que je peux avoir ça?" I quickly explained away the impolite request by explaining that Maëva was crazy about flamingos. I shouldn't have. Mme Araujo initally responded that Maëva could have it once it was empty, but then she decided that as Maëva was crazy about flamingos and it was nearing the end of the day, she could actually leave with it. To make matter's worse, I had forgotten my checkbook. So not only did we leave with the woman's box of kleenex, we also left without paying her! I was slightly embarrassed, but will be dropping off the check, a thank you note from Maëva and a replacement box of kleenex to her office this afternoon.
Maëva's vision is fine, however, her left eye doesn't cross (converge to center) as well as her right. The eye doctor recommends a checkup with our osteopathe.

0 comments: