Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hockey in Marseille

Last year, a new family arrived in Lascours. The dad, John, is the manager of the Marseille hockey team, the Spartiates. This year, the team moved up to the first league (like the top level of minor leagues). Yesterday, the girls and I were invited with some other Lascours friends to attend the first game of the season. We headed down to the rink in Marseille in plenty of time for the 7pm start. Unfortunately, our team lost 3-1. Also, unfortunately, there was a technical problem with a broken rink door in the middle of the game which had to be fixed, pausing the game for about twenty to thirty minutes and making it last much longer than it normally would have. The girls complained about it being so long, though they seemed to be having a fine time playing with their friends. I enjoyed watching the game, my first ever hockey match, though I don't think I really understood much of the fine details. During the technical time out, we went to get dinner at John's new "fast-good" restaurant Croquorico in the lobby. It was opening day. They offer a selection of fancy croque-monsieurs (French grilled cheese sandwiches). The girls split a ham and cheese one, Le Parisien. I had Le Marseillais, with cod and garlic cream. It was made with a blackish-blue bread and was quite tasty.

4 comments:

Roy said...

What makes the bread black and blue, I wonder.

Tanya said...

I knew you'd be curious about that! I'm not sure and didn't get to ask. There's a kind of flour, sarrasin, that makes dark-colored crêpes . . .

Roy said...

Yeah, buckwheat is a good candidate.

Galen Tromble said...

Maybe it's bruised. It is at a hockey rink, after all.