Saturday, February 23, 2019

Breakfast Bonanza

Sometime during the week, I think it might have been the day after the post about two breakfasts, the girls' breakfast making got a little out of hand. Maëva made a concoction of vanilla yogurt, whipped cream, maple syrup, sugar, a cookie, some chocolates and a pâte de fruits. Laureva made something equally sickeningly sweet involving similar ingredients. After that, I had to reign them in. Plates of sugar are neither proper breakfast food, nor anything I wish to eat at any time! After that, Maëva seemed to lose interest in breakfast prep for a few days, though Laureva continued to power on. The next day, she made me a piece of toast with yogurt and kiwi bits on top. Yesterday, however, Maëva jumped back on the cooking bandwagon, as you know, expanding her repertoire to both lunch and dinner! This morning, she woke up and declared she'd be making French toast for breakfast. Another recipe out of the Minnie and Friends cookbook. She did a great job. I just helped with the actual frying. Her Minnie Mouse shaped French toast turned out great. She served it with a little bit of butter and maple syrup. French toast is one of my favorite breakfast foods. A real treat! She wants to make it again tomorrow.
Before she started on the recipe, I asked her if she liked French toast. I wanted to make sure she was going to eat it. She said she did. However, when she was eating it. She made some comment about how good it was that made me understand she hadn't actually ever had it before. Or maple syrup. However, she loved it all! Yeah, she's starting to expand her range of edibles ever so slightly.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Maëva made French toast again this morning. Just normal bread shape today so there'd be more delicious yumminess to savour! Today, she even cooked and flipped the toast herself. All I did was turn on the gas.

Galen Tromble said...

Enjoy it while it lasts!