We have to renew both of Maëva's passports this year and there's no longer anyone that I know of in Aubagne that does American size passport photos. So Friday at 10am, the girls and I headed off to Aix. First stop, photo shop. Second stop, Lush for the girls to each pick out a bath bomb treat. Back to pick up the photos before heading to lunch at Vapiano. I'd never been before, but the Aix tourism office had recommended it as a good place to eat with kids, and when given the choice of crêpes, hamburgers, pasta or pizza, the girls choose pasta. When you get to Vapiano, they give you a magnetic card. You go up to the various counters and order food. Each time, they add your selection to the card. When you're finished dining, you hand in your card and pay up. While I waited in line to order Laureva's spaghetti pomodoro, the girls went to the pizza counter to order Maëva's pizza margherita. The pizza man asked her if she'd like to have it shaped like a bunny. She would. When it was ready, we discovered a cute bunny-face shaped pizza with dough shaped into ears, a red pepper mouth, cherry tomato eyes and an olive nose. Pretty cute. Big hit with the girls. Laureva regretted her choice of pasta and would have preferred a bunny pizza as well. Maëva did share two pieces with her, however. My salmon lasagna was okay, but not very flavorful. If we ever go back, I might ask for a bunny pizza, too! After lunch, we went for a little stroll until we ran into an ice cream place. The girls each ordered cones with single scoops of chocolate-hazelnut for Maëva and vanilla for Laureva. To our surprise and delight, the ice cream girl shaped the gelato into roses! Fancy! We found a bench on the Cours Mirabeau to sit on for the girls to eat their ice cream. Their were pigeons around and Maëva didn't like them getting near. When one would get too close for comfort, I would hold Laureva's cone and she would chase it off. Great fun! Then it was time to head home for yoga with Grandpa. We stopped at the mailbox before heading up the hill and discovered our Harry Potter DVDs box set had been delivered as expected. Yeah! After a fun animal yoga session with Grandpa, I made popcorn and we settled down to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment