Sunday, October 6, 2019

Seattle Visit

I had lunch with Roy and Eric on Tuesday at Google. Quite excellent food. We had to visit two different eateries on the campus to get the Steelhead (like salmon) we wanted and the pizza that Eric wanted. Then we went outside, which is right along the canal that goes to the Ballard Locks - nice day!


Eric and I spent quite a bit of time together. One day we put a bunch of puzzles together. A couple of years worth of puzzles for me - in one sitting!


Tuesday night Rachel and I went to visit a "cat cafe" before her piano lesson. We each got a drink and a macaroon, and then went into the room to visit the cates. This is while we were waiting.

Here's Rachel with one of the young twin male cats, Fred and George.  (Harry Potter reference here, in case you wondered...)

In addition to puzzles, Eric knows where all the games are. This was a picture matching game, which was about at my level. Most of the others were too complicated for me!


Lydia and I played two rounds of mini-golf on Wednesday. I neglected to get a photo, but we had a good time, topped off with french fries from the cafe at Interbay Golf Center.

Thursday night Colin and I went to Blue Highway Games. We had intended to play a game there, but they were closing sooner than we'd expected. There was time, however, for Colin to pick out a Pokemon set. I think the girls were a bit jealous, but the next morning they sat down and went through the set, trading some cards with Colin. I know little about Pokemon, but I think everyone was happy.

Here's Eric suited up for the bike ride to his school on Friday. He's wearing a backpack that is about as big as he is!

Roy and I got a picture before he headed off to work on Friday. Later, Nicole gave me a ride downtown to catch the light rail train to the airport. Thanks Nicole!

Lots of flowers were blooming while I was there. Here are a few pics I took (yes, I know one of them is not a flower...)









7 comments:

Roy said...

Thanks for the photos! I sure have a lot of freckles on my arm.

Tanya said...

Sounds like a fun week. Why didn't we get to go to the cat café?

Roy said...

I suppose because it didn't come to mind when we were brainstorming activities? But we had to save something for the next visit, anyway.

ket said...

These are beautiful!

Tanya said...

Okay, okay. I was thinking about how jealous Meredith must be!

Roy said...

So jealous that she's giving us the cold shoulder.

mt San Francisco said...

No cold shoulder! Or maybe it's cold-all-of-me, snowed under...I have an opening in Brooklyn November 1 I'm working towards and keep having little challenges...such as PGE threatening to shut off our power for five days for fire prevention, on the day I had scheduled to make digital files to print for the show...sigh. But there is absolutely no wind where we are, so maybe we will get to have power for a while. Enjoyed my moment of thinking about something else here, reading about Galen's Seattle trip!