Saturday, August 10, 2024

Monday Drive to WA

Here's a rundown of what I remember:

  1. Up early; at Chick-fil-a in Station Park for breakfast.
  2. Picked up the boys at 7 a.m. from their mom's house. 
  3. Off driving ... Utah ... Idaho ...
  4. Stopped in Burley. Continued on to Chick-fil-a in Boise for lunch. Then, hit Walmart for some supplies (poptarts, nuts, diet coke, protein bars, bagels, mylanta and benadryl for my mouth sores, etc.).
  5. More driving ... Idaho ... Oregon ... Washington. Arrived about 5:30 p.m., I think.
  6. Tacos for dinner at the house.
  7. Root beer floats ... not enough ice cream, but enough that all the kids plus Kristen got some. I think I saw Pam had the last bit, too.
  8. Pear picking, although they were all picked by the time I got down there. I didn't get to pick one pear, much less a pair of pears.
  9. Dad was bleeding ... I pointed it out to him and he cleaned the blood off his head. He wasn't sure exactly when/how it happened, but suspected some vines in the garden. 
  10. Andrew picked up a chicken at one point. 
  11. Julie looked cute, although that happened all the days of the trip, not just Monday.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Yikes! Quite the gash.

mt San Francisco said...

I was wondering about that spot! I thought maybe it was a scar from the previous injury but it did seem awfully red. Glad it was not a run in with a rooster.