I came down with a cold this week. It hit me Thursday morning. I think this will be an annual occurrence. Nicole goes back to school, she picks up something from the kids, and then a few days later I get it, but a little worse. Tanya says I need to spend more time around children. Maybe we can have them paraded through our office once a week. I'm sure they would be excited to see a "lab" where graduate students just sit at computers all day.
Anyway, I stayed home from school yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. The semester has started, but I didn't have any commitments yesterday, so it was no problem. I spent all day reading, and finished The Stones of Summer, which is the last of the books that I received for my birthday and Christmas this year. Since I don't know how thoroughly I have thanked those of you who participated in the book-giving, I thought I would write here to say that I had read all the readable books I received from you—there were a couple reference-like books, and I haven't necessarily read those cover to cover. I don't read as often or, probably, as quickly as I used to (it is eleven books that I am thinking of, and I have spent ten months on them), but I have enjoyed all the books, and so I want to thank you for them. You know who you are. If I already thanked you, well, it should mean more after reading than before.
Saturday, September 11, 2004
Books
Posted by
Roy
at
10:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm sure the kids would love to come if you put a couple cool games at their disposition!
Are books still suitable gifts for this year or are there other things your heart desires?
You could let them play with LaTeX!
Books are always appropriate. Unfortunately, I have either been encountering or noting fewer, because my Amazon wish list is shrinking, and most of what's left is not in the must have department. I have done some prioritizing using Amazon's rating system. I recommend looking at that. But I would be most excited about things from off the list this year, I think. Obviously more difficult for the givers. I may be shooting myself in the foot.
Can we get a list of off the list items?
I'm in the market for a jet ski, if anyone comes into lots of money and feels generous :-) - like if someone were to win the lottery or something. Lake Thunderbird would be great for jet skiing.
Evan, we could use some gift ideas from you too!
Tanya, I was kind of banking on you winning the lottery! Webcam? I'll try to think of some things. Oh, one would be golf head club covers.
Post a Comment