I've been trying to think of something exciting to write, but to no avail. So I just decided to update you on the normal blah blah stuff instead.
I'm going to try to get a lot of work done this weekend. I know, I say this all the time. But if I say it, sometimes it actually gets done! I'd like to get my presentation for February 5th finished sometime this next week so my thesis advisor will have a chance to look at it before the big day. So I'm planning to spend the weekend and the next couple of days writing and reading (there are still two and a half of Oates's detective novels that I haven't finished yet). I know, I say this all the time. But, as I already said, if I say it enough, eventually it actually gets done.
This morning I went out and put flyers in mailboxes for about an hour and a half. Two week winter school vacation is coming up, so we have our special workshops scheduled and are trying to round up clients. We've set up a sort of partnership with a woman who has a computer repair business. She distributes our flyers along with hers and we do the same for her. I'll have to do some more "flyin" around tomorrow morning too.
Wednesday was the fifth anniversary of the day Sylvain and I met. I cooked a gourmet meal for us of which I'm quite proud. First was my foie gras and potato soup. Then came a shrimp soufflé (quite yummy, one of the hundred or so recipes mom and I tore out of her magazines when I was in Juneau). Third came fresh tuna cooked in a wine sauce with tomatoes and carrots. There were so many leftovers that David and Marie Elisabeth came over Thursday night and we ate the same meal again!
Today I'm trying out another one of the new magazine recipes, Ravioli Lasagna. It's in the oven baking even as I type. If it's good I'll be really happy because it's much easier to make than normal lasagna!
No big weekend plans. Aside from what I've already mentioned, just watching the soccer game tonight and cleaning the house tomorrow! Whipee!
Guess I better get to work now, I've procrastinated long enough. love tanya
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Work Weekend
Posted by
Tanya
at
4:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment