It all started with a drive around the island on Sunday afternoon, accompanied by Nicole's aunt Chris, cousins Jessica and Tony, and Jess' baby Nathan. We went counterclockwise, starting in Pearl Harbor, heading through Honolulu, past Hanauma Bay. After several other stops, and some malasadas, we arrived at Kualoa Regional Park, where I took this picture. It was windy, and not particularly warm, that day. Chris had packed a picnic, but we ended up eating in the car. Nicole entertained herself feeding a Brazilian cardinal.
We proceeded to Sunset Beach, on the North shore, before heading back down the middle of the island to the finish.
The rest of our days, and pictures, are coming soon.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you see any pineapple fields? That's one thing I really remember about my visit to Hawaii.
I will piggy-back off Roy's posts about our trip.
Driving around the island was a great start of the trip. We were able to see a couple of famous beaches (Sunset Beach and North Shore) and mountain peaks (China Man's Hat and Diamond Head), a blow hole, another place where 1000s were pushed off a cliff (think it was called Pai, it was the last event to unite the islands under one rule). Because I was sick, I wasn't able to enjoy the picnic, but had fun feeding a really cute bird some of the bread.
Post a Comment