Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cute Books Up For Adoption

Here's at least a beginning book list of books that could come to Oklahoma for a new home. I'm not going to bring anything someone hasn't spoken for probably due to weight so let me know if you are interested in something.

A Death in the Family, James Agee
The Goddess, Mythological Images of the Feminine, Christine Downing
The Great Wall of China, Franz Kafka
High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
Lake Wobegon Days, Garrison Keillor
The Book of Laughter and Forgetting, Milan Kundera (hardback)
A Noble Radiance, Donna Leon (mystery)
Tell Me a Riddle, Tillie Olsen
In the Skin of a Lion, Michael Ondaatje
The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie (hardback)
The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf
To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
The Pillowbook of Sei Shonagon

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I'd like Dorian Gray and the Kafka.

ET said...

I read "The Picture of Dorian Gray" in high school ... I remember being on a plane while reading part of it.

Unknown said...

You got 'em!

Roy said...

I might like the Ondaatje.