Among the things delivered to us at the end of last summer from the house in Goodland was a small plastic bag containing a yellow scrap of a blanket, folded with a faded note safety-pinned inside. Here is the text of the note, as far as we could make out: Grandma Montgomery carded spun and wove this piece of blanket in 1873/8. She also calfed wash and sheared the sheep. Written by her daughter in 1926. Ida
The confusion about the date is ours. Kristen and I both looked at it and couldn't decide between 1873 and 1878.
We passed the scrap on at Trombleganza, and I don't remember who took possession of it. I should have taken pictures of both at the time to include in this post, but I didn't think of it.
I take it that the Ida in question is my great-grandmother's mother. If so, that would make Grandma Montgomery her mother-in-law?
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Transcript of the note inside the blanket
Posted by
Roy
at
3:46 PM
Labels: Trombleganza
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I believe the scrap is with Tanya.
I have it. I will try to take the complimentary photos you mentioned.
Post a Comment