Nicole and I have been talking about getting a new camera for several months now. The slow start-up time and between-photo lag of our five-year-old PowerShot have been getting on our nerves. We'd grab the camera to take a picture of Rachel, and by the time it was ready, the moment would have passed.
I had been bouncing back and forth between a couple different Canon models, when I discovered a new possibility while flipping through an enormous catalog that B&H Photo sent me. The Canon Eos 60D is a relatively new successor to the 40D and 50D, and unlike those predecessors, it shoots video. That was the missing feature. So, on Black Friday, we took my holiday bonus to Best Buy and got one.
We'd have started posting photos on Friday, except the salesmen at Best Buy tried to sell me extra lenses instead of the SD card that I actually needed. I picked one up today, and now we're in business. As you can see from the samples, this camera is much faster than the PowerShot. The challenge now is keeping Rachel in the frame, not keeping her in focus. We can even capture her mid-song.
Hopefully the novelty won't wear off in a month and having a new camera will help combat the second-child photo deficit. If it stays as much fun as it was today, there'll be no shortage of pics and videos for your viewing pleasure, both of Rachel and the new little one, and maybe even the parents, occasionally.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Camera upgrade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yippee! Keep 'em coming! Maybe I shouldn't have recycled the gigantic B&H catalog that just came, I admire your perseverance, it was so big it made me tired just to look at it.
So far we've been able to keep Rachel from wanting to play with the new camera. She has been using the old one. We didn't really want her to play that one either, but until Santa comes, it will have to do.
Post a Comment