Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home Sick

Not to be confused with homesick. Although one can lead to the other, I suppose. And it turns out I have some good memories associated with being home sick. When Mom was home recovering from having her tonsils out, I think that was it, she taught me how to play solitaire, a game I have continued to enjoy over the years. One time when I was home sick, Mom gave me a Doctor Bear who took very good care of me. In France, Dr Bear has been replaced by Tiger who always snuggles up to me when I'm under the weather. Since I'm sick - nothing serious, just a bad cold, but still not very fun - Sylvain let me turn the heat on in the bedroom last night. I'd prefer not to be sick, of course, but it's not always that bad, especially when you have loved ones to look after you!

5 comments:

Rone' said...

It was probably when I had my wisdom teeth out. I had my tonsils out when I was about 4, and I'm pretty sure you weren't around then!

mt San Francisco said...

Heat on at night...wow. Sylvain gets major points! Oddly enough I also have had a cold...I went to a dance/exercise class Saturday morning and felt fine but by Saturday night...ugh. Luckily it seems to be departing as quickly as it arrived, today I am almost normal. Hope you are also up and at 'em.

Tanya said...

Oh, that's what I meant. Oops! I blame it on being sick.

ET said...

Uh oh ... Meredith is almost normal ... something must have gone terribly wrong!!! : ^ O

mt San Francisco said...

Back to my old abnormal self here...you can all rest easy.