Monday, July 25, 2011

Comics

I suppose every Tromble on the planet except me is already aware of this site but thought I'd share it just in case. http://xkcd.com/ . Tom was viewing it the other night & we found it amusing.

4 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

I didn't know about it, but I also didn't understand it...I guess there was some math joke involving an arrow there? I'll try it on Anwyl and see what he says!

Roy said...

It's a joke about the difference between Facebook and Google+. Two guys are playing catch, and a third who isn't interested in catch shoots an arrow through the ball. This invokes Facebook, where you can't restrict who you're sharing with. Whereas on Google+, they could play catch in a circle of only interested friends.

But I think K probably meant for you to look at more than just today's comic. There are links to earlier days on there somewhere.

ket said...

Roy is right. Tom was relaxing by paging through the posts. He enjoyed the techie ones and called me over for some that were more language oriented.

mt San Francisco said...

All right then! I will dig further. Always up for a good comic...and thank you, thank you, Roy for the explanation. I would never have gotten it...sigh. Good thing I have such au courant family members! I am loving Google Hangout, by the way. If they ask me, it's a winner....