I just looked at the 10-day forecast for Norman on weather.com, thinking that maybe we'd see a break from the heat (we had two small rainfalls in the past month, which have coincided with days with high temps of 99 degrees). The forecast is bleak. They have M-F next week slated at 106.
The good news is that we have reached the time of year when the average temp begins to decline. Now, we just need the temps for this year to start trending in that direction, too!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Depressing News
Posted by
ET
at
6:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're welcome to move to Juneau. Highs mid-50s to mid-60s & rain or chance of rain for the coming days. It's been Overcast & rainy for several days now. Feels like summer's over.
I'm hoping for a rainy fall here, although I have no idea what the long-range forecast is (other than "suspect, at best").
Sounds brutal. I'll do a rain dance for Oklahoma!
I would love some of that heat. It's been a bit chilly here ... for summer, that is. Hang in there!
The Oklahoma mesonet says the high was 108 today. Currently, the temp is 104, but the heat index is only 102. And, actually, it was so cold in the office this morning that I actually enjoyed the 100+ degree heat (and even warmer car) when I took my lunch break ... I actually sat in the car for a little bit before I even turned it on, thawing out.
FYI, I sit right under an A/C vent. The A/C was on full blast because a whole bunch of people were in a meeting room that, apparently, doesn't receive as much cool air as it should.
It hit 110 here today. I must be acclimating, because I didn't think it was that bad. And, yes, I was out in it a little bit. I had to meet the builder at the house and we were walking around outside and inside for a while and I was in jeans and a long-sleeve dress shirt. No big deal. I don't know if I've ever been someplace that was 110 before, though.
Post a Comment