Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Enough!

We recently broke the record for most 100+ degree days. By "we," I mean residents of the greater OKC metro area. I'm not sure what the Norman record is, but the official OKC record (temps measured at Will Rogers World Airport) was 50 such days. As of yesterday, we were at 52 (for good measure, the 105 yesterday was a record for Aug. 23rd - and it's supposed to be equally warm today).

I don't think we'll get to 60, but 55 or 56 seems within reach - smashing the previous record by 10%. The bad news is that Jenn has been pregnant through this brutal summer. The good news is that she'll be able to tell Lucas that she carried him through the hottest summer on record to this point (2011) ... forever.

2 comments:

ET said...

I heard Seattle recently set a new high for the year ... 87. I don't remember the last time we had a high that low.

mt San Francisco said...

True heroine-ism! Maybe he will be particularly fond of swimming and ice cream...or at least air conditioning!