Sunday, April 28, 2013

A funny thing that happened one time

One day, some time ago, we went shopping at Costco. On arriving home, Nicole parked the Pathfinder facing uphill and we unloaded it. Rachel offered to carry in the maple syrup while I got some bigger things, but I was worried the tomatoes would slide out the back, under gravity's influence, so I asked her to leave the syrup and take them instead. When we came back to the car, the maple syrup was nowhere to be found.

We looked around, but couldn't find it in the car or in its immediate vicinity. Eventually we cast our eyes further afield, and there it was, lying in the alley below the neighbors' house. It had apparently left the car and rolled twenty yards or more down the hill during our brief absence. We retrieved the battered bottle. Its cap was broken, but the safety seal was intact.

We've been enjoying the syrup in a variety of breakfasts since, with no adverse effects, other than the occasional difficulty untwisting the cap. Perhaps next time I'll just let Rachel carry what she wants to.

1 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

Boy, do I relate to the struggle with gravity and the groceries. Glad the ending was sweet!