Monday, March 14, 2016

Carnaval

Maëva's school had its annual Carnaval Friday afternoon. The kids have normal school in the morning, then after lunch, they get dressed up in costumes for carnaval. The little ones go up to the elementary school to watch the big kids put on a show. Then they go back down to their playground for snacks and confetti throwing. The only parents who get to attend are two members of the PTA who take photos of the kids in costume so prints can be made for the parents. This year, thanks to the great camera Sylvain got me for Christmas, I got to be the PTA photographer. I definitely felt privileged to spend the afternoon at the school in the middle of all the fun.

Maëva's tropical bird costume was concocted from a very special mix of gifts. Marie-Elisabeth gave her the mask. Mom made her the new party dress and found a parrot necklace at the OKC zoo. The wings were a birthday present from her godmother, Caroline.

2 comments:

Meredith Tromble said...

That is a spectacular costume! I like the photographer costume, too.

ET said...

Don't the students at SFAI dress like that?