Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mad Dash for Cash

It's windy today. Let's be honest, it is often windy in Oklahoma. It isn't normally THIS windy, though. Anyway, that's the backdrop.

Jenn and I went out after work to do yard work (fix up some beds, lay out mulch, edge, etc.). We were cleaning up (sweeping up the edging debris) when we saw a couple kids running up the street from the south, chasing after something. I watched as it came closer, and at first I thought it was a baseball cards or something similar.

Nope! As it got closer, I noticed that it was green. It was cash. I was ready to stop it with my broom.

Whoops. Fail! It went right by. So, I turned and chased it. I got close a couple times, but I was hampered by my work gloves, which limited dexterity.

I chased it down the street, and I caught up to it at the end of the street, as it got hung up on a curb. Phew. I'm a bit under the weather, and that's all I had in me.

I met up with the kids near our house. I think they quit chasing when they saw me pick up the task. Lazy kids.

A bit later, we heard the boys' father ripping into them about something.