Friday, February 23, 2018

Snow, Scarlet Fever, Back Tweak

Wednesday morning, I got ready and left the house in my new blue leather and suede ankle boots. I had glanced outside only enough to see that the car wasn't iced up. As I headed down the drive, I noticed a few sparse snowflakes falling. Many things went through my head. "Should I go to school or stay home?" (I decided to keep going.) "I'm wearing the wrong footwear. I hope my boots don't get ruined. If this keeps up, I'll have to park at the bottom of the hill when I get home and have Sylvain walk down with some different shoes for me." The snow got thicker as I made my way to school. Inside, I had to close the classroom curtains because the students were getting too riled up! But by the time I headed home at noon, there was no longer any trace of snow in sight.
Wednesday evening, Laureva came down with a fever and complained of her mouth hurting. She slept poorly and so did I. Now I have a tweak in my back and the doctor thinks Laureva probably has scarlet fever. She's much better now that she's on antibiotics, but she still has a rash. We've also learned that she's allergic or intolerant to Advil. I gave it to her twice Wednesday night and Thursday morning and she threw up both times. No problem at all with Tylenol, though.

6 comments:

ET said...

There goes the potential for the Tylenol/Advil combo.

Roy said...

That is, unless the Tylenol helps with the symptoms Advil causes.

ET said...

True. I guess it's possible.

Tanya said...

It does not.
With any luck, she's just intolerant to Advil, not to ibuprofen in general . . . Guess we'll see next time. She's doing much better now that she's on antibiotics.

Meredith Tromble said...

And how is your back doing?

Tanya said...

Better, thanks. I've been doing a lot of eagle arms. That helps.