Yesterday had been set aside to celebrate my birthday with a few friends in Lascours for quite some time. I knew the date, but I didn't know what they had planned. After morning yoga, Frédérique instructed me to be at her house at 1:30 pm with a swim suit and towel. I followed instructions and was whisked off to a spa afternoon with Frédérique and Edwige. Hammam, exfoliating massage, sauna, jacuzzi for 2 hours. Very relaxing. Then, they said we were going out to dinner. I was told to go home, get dressed up and be back at Fred's house at 7 pm. I did as told, getting all dolled up in a little black dress Sylvain got me for my birthday. The girls wanted to go out to dinner in Marseille. Anything was fine with me as long as I wasn't the one planning it. When we got to the waterfront area in Marseille they'd selected, Fred saw a bar/restaurant that she'd heard about (Le Sport Beach), but never been to before and asked if we could go there for drinks first. Whatever. I was just going with the flow, enjoying being out with friends and not paying any attention to details. When we walked in, five other friends were already there waiting for us: Surprise! They made me wear two ribbons. One said "Miss 40 ans," the other "It's my f***ing birthday!" We ate a nice meal. I had tuna tartare, monkfish with risotto and chocolate mousse cake. Then we danced until the wee hours of the morning. What great friends. They really spoiled me and I had a marvelous time!
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You only turn f×××ing 40 once!
that's
That's awesome. Glad you got spoiled a bit.
My mom doesn't like to plan anything on her birthday, either.
:-)
Nice to have good friends!
Post a Comment