Saturday, July 20, 2019

Moon memories?

Where were you fifty years ago when astronauts landed on the moon? I wasn't here yet, but thought others might have some memories to share.

5 comments:

ET said...

I was having a burrito at Chipotle.

Rone' said...

I don't remember. I do remember that Grandma brought a movie of it home from work for us to watch, but that would have been quite a while later.

ket said...

Probably watched some coverage on the evening news. That was back when watching the evening news was a thing. Surprising that I don't really recall. I do remember being in math class at UAS when the instructor came in a few minutes late (very unusual) looking a bit stricken and said Challenger had exploded.

Galen Tromble said...

Let's see- I was 12 going on 13. We would been in Wichita. Like Kris, I think the only coverage available at the time would have been the broadcast network news. We probably watched it live, but any memories I have are jumbled up with others of seeing the footage re-shown over the years.

Tanya said...

Last night, we watched "The Right Stuff." Sylvain had already seen it, but I realized I'd never seen it before. They don't actually get to the moon yet in that movie, but I'm sure the anniversary is what prompted this particular programming choice.