Tuesday morning, the girls and I went to La Fabrique bakery in Roquevaire for breakfast to be out of the way for the cleaning lady. Then we dropped off some dry cleaning before heading home. We'd been expecting Guillaume and Sophie to arrive around 6pm to spend the night, but learned mid-morning that Guillaume is sick with something flu-like, so they had to cancel.
After lunch, Maëva went to see her friend Manon who is back for a few days visiting her grandparents in Roquevaire. Frédérique came over for coffee and we exchanged our Christmas gifts. Laureva played Switch. When Fred left, Laureva and I played a round of Clue, then continued watching The School for Good and Evil. Maëva had decided she wasn't interested in the movie. I remember Clue being one of my favorite games when I was younger. They've changed it since. There are now suggestions for how to do a two-player game, and "Clue" cards that you draw if you roll the magnifying glass symbol on either die. It seems like this system makes the game go a little faster, which is probably a good thing. I enjoyed it and managed to eek out the win.
Wednesday, Sylvain spent the day with Philippe, Momo and Jimmy. They went to the Seuil vineyard to buy wine for their Saturday celebration and then out to lunch in Aix. The girls and I had a leisurely day at home, involving: chores, homework, thank you notes, tidying up, and a bit of TV. Sylvain arrived home around 4, not feeling very well. His temperature quickly rose to 40°C and stayed high all evening. In the morning, though, it was gone and he felt basically fine, though a little more tired than usual. The girls put together Laureva's new Lego Friends sailboat from Jackye & Alain.
Thursday, the girls were scheduled to spend the afternoon with Sophie and Marie-Elisabeth, going shopping for their Christmas gift from Sophie and seeing the holiday lights in St Cyr. However, sickness struck again. Sophie has come down with something. Marie-Elisabeth offered to take the girls to Aubagne to see Avatar 2 instead, and then out to dinner afterwards.
Happy 12th Birthday to Lydia!

0 comments:
Post a Comment