Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March on

I left home before seven this morning to go skiing at Stevens Pass for the day with my work team, so I didn't see much of the family this morning. By the time I returned, it was almost time for dinner.


I had a pretty good day of skiing. Conditions were decent. I spent some time waiting for others, but it was probably helpful to rest my legs. I did some more challenging runs than I've been doing, including a double black diamond that was not as difficult as I anticipated.

Rachel had lacrosse practice after dinner, so she and her friend were at home when I arrived, but left soon thereafter. I think the boys had piano lessons. Wednesday is a day off for Lydia, for now.


Oh, the word of the day is épingle, pin, found in the idiom tirer son épingle du jeu, which is to tactfully remove oneself from a delicate situation. My dictionary defines the idiom, but doesn't give an origin. What is this game with pins? Is it like pick-up sticks?

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Both of those are still used. Not sure about the game, though.