Saturday, March 25, 2023

Spring chill

Here's a photo I found featuring three of this week's birthdays. Has this appeared on the blog before? I don't know if it's embarrassing to anyone.

Saturday morning was colder than I expected. We dropped Rachel and her friend off at Yes Farm, an urban farm where Yesler Way crosses I-5, for volunteer work required for their Guatemala trip, then we took Lydia to her frisbee game at the park next to Elliot Bay Book Company. Lydia was in shorts and short sleeves, but seemed to be OK, despite some long stretches on the sidelines while the other rotation struggled to score. She scored two points today. But Nicole and I were very cold standing on the sidelines watching. The sun came out occasionally and helped us a little, but the clouds were winning.

I spent the rest of the day on a variety of activities, including getting the Pathfinder further ready for donation. A tow truck is supposed to come by the end of Tuesday.

I also played basketball with Eric, walked to Ken's with Nicole, and chose the wrong basketball game to watch. The K State game went down to the final shot again, but the Gonzaga game, which we were watching, was a rout in the second half. I abandoned it shortly after the ten minute mark, with UConn leading by about twenty-five.

I did finish something today, though: Le Chevalier à la mode. It wrapped up quickly and tidily, with less complexity than I anticipated. It didn't leave me with any last words, but I read the first page of the next play in the book, by Regnard, and found cacochyme. From the Greek for ill humor, it means feeble-bodied.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the photo!
Don't think I've ever seen that word before. Cool.

Tanya said...

Photo can't have been May of 1997, as the file is labeled, due to Christmas decorations...

Roy said...

The metadata on many of our scanned photos is incorrect, though Nicole made valiant efforts.