Wednesday was the twentieth anniversary of August 9, 2003. We probably didn't celebrate as much as we should have.
Rachel came back from camping this afternoon. She had lots of fun, but also some complaints.
We all went out to dinner, but nothing fancy. We sat outside and ate pizza in Frelard. I saw an article today about recent increases in COVID cases, so I thought it would be a good time to take advantage of the pleasant weather.
Afterwards, we had intended to go to Seattle Pops for ice cream on a stick, but Rachel wanted to go to an art show. Gabby Williams' sister Jayda Noble is a student and basketball player at UW and an aspiring artist. Nicole, Rachel, and Lydia dropped us at home, changed attire, and went downtown to the gallery. They came back sooner than I expected, but very happy to have gone. The artist had greeted them and talked to them about their favorite pieces, and also offered to hook Rachel up with Huskies tickets.
Meanwhile, I had failed to get the boys to bed, as they were distracted by playing with the cats.

8 comments:
So many fun encounters!
Last weekend, when Pierre, Maxime and Thibault brought Harry to Roquevaire, they also all came back positive for Covid, which Pierre's mom also probably had, though I haven't received confirmation. They said it didn't last long, though.
Great that Rachel is meeting all these cool people!
Those pesky cats!
And happy 20th anniversary to you and Nicole!! That's definitely something to celebrate, at some point.
Echoing the happy anniversary! Taking a look at the artwork, in the image behind Rachel I see "Baby Basquiat," "cooler than me" and "positivity (over) everything" along with a skull, a not too happy looking face, and "you could never [illegible]. Looks like a lot of conflicting emotions...did she talk to you at all about what started her on the work?
It says you could never understand, and she told us about how she painted a pair of paintings overnight but I'll ask about the one in the photo
She responded "There’s this artist named Basquiat! I’m sure you’ve seen his stuff before! But he always wears a suit and has dreads so I painted me as him! Lol his work is amazing I try to steal his style sometimes"
Ah...now I get it! A slow-motion artist conversation through time and paint, as it were. It will be interesting to see what Jayda comes up with next. Thank you, Rachel!
Post a Comment