Last year, I decided I should start throwing myself birthday parties again. Life is too short to not take advantage of any excuse to have a party! However, last year, I made plans too late and only two couples were able to come.
This year, I sent out a save-the-date a month in advance. So when the designated party day, March 29th, rolled around, all of my closest friends here were in attendance except for Mary and Ben (but they were there last year). I also invited Francesca from work as she's the person I currently spend the most time with and I quite like her.
Festivities started off at 5pm with a Molkky competition. Maëva won for the kids and I won for the adults! So we gave the prizes to the second-place winners: a chocolate hen to Maxime, and a bottle of organic red wine to Francesca.
And of course, there were candles! Earlier in the day, Maëva helped me frost the two chocolate red wine cakes and chose colorful candles for them. Laureva helped me light them and took this photo:
3 comments:
Great job!
What is Molkky--oh, I can Google it. Now I know--kind of Finnish bowling?
Yes. It's a sort of combination of pétanque and bowling, I guess.
Post a Comment