First, a response to a couple inquiries. "Galerkin" is a name, apparently of the Russian guy who invented the procedure for the modeling, so I guess it isn't too surprising that the dictionary choked on it.
Now to a question on the dogs, Justice, the female, is 1.5, and Jester is about 2 . . .he's the male, he's lighter in color. Roy, don't you share info with Nicole? Just wondering. They are adapting to their new surroundings and new routine. I think they liked it better when both their parents were around all the time, but they've come up with ways to pass the time. They like to chew on plastic, so they've gone after assorted things in the yard, water dishes, down spout extensions, shovel handles, etc. Oh well, nothing that can't be replaced fairly easily, or needs to be replaced any time soon. Their favorite thing to do is to go to the park, I think. They also enjoy coming inside and being petted, but I just don't think it compares. Justice really likes to fetch sticks, she is a terrific swimmer and can track down sticks better than the USA Olympic team plays basketball (at least in international events!). Sometimes, she'll fetch sticks out of her "pond" in the back yard, if I throw them in. She just has something in her brain saying that sticks don't belong in the water. Jester is also a fairly good swimmer, but he'd rather spend the majority of his time terrorizing the frisbee golf players at the park (there is a frisbee golf course at the park, 18 holes, but I've never played frisbee golf). Not really, but he says "hi" occasionally. He frolics in the long grass, chasing bunnies and grasshoppers and whatever else happens to be moving around . . . sometimes, I think he imagines things so he'll have something to chase.
Jennifer got the weed whacker going, who knew that gasoline cleaned off spark plugs? So, I got to edge the lawn and flower beds and tree beds and things in the front yard today. Fun, fun, fun . . . it is fun to rev the weed whacker though!
Oh, one last comment. See the rug in the picture of Jenn and the new chair. We also bought that yesterday. When we bring the dogs in, we try to keep them in front of the couch, so they don't track mud and the red clay dirt all over the house, at least when they 1st come in. So, we had been putting down old blankets and sheets, but decided to go with something a little more permanent when we saw that browsing at Pier 1 yesterday (that's where we got the chair too).
Nothing else to report. Jenn should find out early this week if she's going to be hired on permanently at Wolverine Tube. I think she thinks she will, since no one has told her otherwise yet, and her immediate boss really likes her, and thinks she has a lot of potential. I'm sure she'll keep you updated on that front.
Evan
p.s. Don't let Roy censor you! :-)
Sunday, August 29, 2004
The Pictures Could Stand Alone . . . but they won't this time.
Posted by
ET
at
2:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment