Thursday, April 14, 2005

Lesson Learned...Can't Trust My Instincts

Well, I have had a successful, yet unsuccessful past few months at school. I seem to be more in sync with my students and haven't been the subject of my department chair's rude comments; but have had to do my third observation three times. The first attempt, I was really happy with the lesson and my class and proud of how great they behaved. The second attempt, I spent way too much time preparing, but felt even better than the first and was beaming at the students (they even got cookies the next day). Then the third time, I spent less prep time on it, but managed to run through it two times with my other classes. Then the observation day came, the lesson went along fine, but the students were a bit rowdy. I was really upset with a couple of their behaviors. I felt that if the other wonderful lessons with well-behaved children were deemed unsatisfactory and needs improvement, then surely this was a failed attempt. Three strikes and I'm out and all that... Well, I have a good new (s). I received a great observation and earned a satisfactory. But now I'm stumped, what gives? Now I really don't know what they want. Roy thinks they failed me because the students were too good the first two times, who knows. My fourth and hopefully need to do it once observation is April 26th.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like a rather confusing situation. I don't envy you. All I can do is wish you luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed, of course!

Galen Tromble said...

Maybe they're just messing with you. It has been known to happen.

GT