Sunday, April 17, 2005

More wildlife

Yesterday, we spent most of our day on a trip to the National Zoo. It was a zoo! We tried to park in the zoo lots, but they were all full. After a great deal of frustration, we finally found a space a few blocks down Connecticut Avenue.

It was a great opportunity to exercise the new camera. Unfortunately, what you see here is the only time I could get Nicole to pose. I had to promise I wouldn't ask again.

After the zoo we had a late lunch at an Indian restaurant down the street, then drove back to Baltimore, where we tossed the frisbee around in Wyman park, watched a couple DVDs, and had a late dinner.

Jim left a few minutes ago to drive back to Rhode Island. There are more photos from the zoo on a Flickr page here. Some of them turned out really nice, I think. Favorites are the panda and the big cats. But there are also (for interested parties) hippos!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

The photos turned out nice! Pretty impressive camera. I think you might have missed your calling as a wildlife photographer! If you ever get tired of computational linguistics, you know what you can do.

ET said...

I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure taking pictures of animals at zoos is actual "wildlife photography."

Roy said...

Merriam-Webster defines wildlife as "living things and especially mammals, birds, and fishes that are neither human nor domesticated", so I think it qualifies there. OED, on the other hand, introduces the whole habitat question, so it is not as clear cut. I agree, though, that it may not be what comes to mind.