Friday, April 8, 2005

A long time ago . . .

My in-laws have been back in Idaho for a week now, but there has been no sign of their visit on the blog since our trip to New York City. Brace yourselves.

After an Easter dinner involving a guest list and placecards that not only Nicole and I, but also Dad and Pam, have failed to post about, there was a trip to Gettysburg on Monday that I abstained from, having class to attend. Tuesday and Wednesday, I further abstained from various tours of Baltimore and Annapolis, plus Polish pottery shopping.

Wednesday evening, however, we went with the Miss USA contestants to Medieval Times at the enormously modern Arundel Mills mall. We ate dinner with our hands, watched real horse shows, falconry, and knightly games, then watched a completely fake but somehow nonetheless confoundingly entertaining series of jousts and ensuing fights to the death. We pulled for the blue knight, but after winning his first bout, he succumbed to the superior tactics of the black and white knight. Or the green knight. I forget.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Why isn't big Roy wearing a crown?

Roy said...

We don't know. He was wearing it for most of the evening. He had it on top of his cowboy hat for a while.