Friday, July 22, 2005

More news

Here in France it's the war of the medical professions ... So the physical therapist says that I probably just need a month and a half of twice a week therapy sessions and then I'll be good as new. He also says that I have to wear a high white sock under my brace and tennis shoes for support. If I don't die of heat stroke ... maybe in a month and a half I'll be fine! I can't do any exercise and have to walk, etc. as little as possible.

In happier news ... tomorrow morning David is taking me to talk to the salesman about the kitchen for the new house. I get to choose all the fun stuff I want in it and talk about layout, etc. Then we have a birthday party to go to tomorrow evening and Sylvain is playing in a boules tournament in Marseille on Sunday. Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

I guess you can have surgery later if the physical therapist is too optimistic? Anwyl had surgery for a ruptured Achilles tendon once and I think he had a cast on for quite a while (it was before my time...) ligaments might be different.

Tanya, are your thesis notes really in that suitcase? We're hoping that was just the dream.

Looking forward to hearing about the kitchen plans, too.

Love,

Tanya said...

The kitchen is going to be modern with lots of fancy sliding drawers and cabinets and things. It's going to be in that J-shape that we talked about together, Meredith. I should have lots of counter space. There will be a raised bar between the kitchen and living room and under the bar will be a row of lighted cabinets with glass doors that I can store all my crystal in to show it off. Since I'm planning to have the house walls that light peachy color of the first apartment (Roy and Dad might be the only ones that understand this) the kitchen cabinets will be light gray and the counter top a dark gray. There isn't room for that little desk part I wanted right next to the door, but we can fit it pretty much everything else I wanted so I guess that's okay. Next I guess we have to attack bathroom plans and I have to pick out the spiral staircase I want ...