Tuesday, July 5, 2005

What was there to like?

Our 4th of July was pretty uneventful. I watched a lot of baseball . . . parts of Yankees v. Orioles, Red Sox v. Rangers, Reds v. Giants, Cardinals v. Diamondbacks, Cubs v. Braves, Mets v. Nationals, and Padres v. Astros. We went and played tennis. It was pretty warm (not too hot because of all the storms we've been having) and humid, but we survived. I talked to mom and Tanya . . . I had to see if Jenn's changes to how the phone was plugged in made the reception better . . . now the phone works. Finally, when we brought the dogs in, Justice was filthy, so Jenn gave her a bath in the shower in our bathroom (we can contain her in there without having to hold onto her).
Our pre-4th weekend was slightly more exciting . . . that included such items as picking Janice up at the airport on Friday, going to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner (it's actually pretty good), looking at wedding pictures and picking out the ones we want reprints and what not of, going to Applebee's for lunch, playing miniature golf (or putt-putt), getting snowcones, using the grill to cook steaks for fajitas, etc. Also, on Saturday night, I went to Casey's and played poker . . . I was up $4.10 at the end of the night. However, since it's fake money, it doesn't really matter . . . it might actually be more fun to just play really stupid and lose lots. On the way back from poker, I stopped by the school to pick up Janice's boarding passes for her flight home (I haven't used the printer at home for months, so I'm not sure if the ink cartridges work) . . . it was around 2 AM, so she was in group A (she was flying Southwest).

2 comments:

mt San Francisco said...

So you do actually own some dog shampoo? Or was this some that Casey provided???

xo m

ET said...

YES!
It was in our shower when Casey was looking for it. He didn't realize there was a master bathroom, apparently . . . I guess we didn't give a formal house tour.