Just thought I should post about my day, being that it was the first day of school and all. :)
Aside from Roy's post referring to my year old post concerning excitement for the new year being ironic considering the year I had... I feel it is appropriate to post again about how much I'm looking forward to the new year. I really enjoyed my first day of school today and can't help but feel optimistic of the year ahead. Maybe in a year Roy will refer the family back to this post as "ironic." Oh well... I say its best to start on the right footing.
TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!
I received a lot of positive feedback from parents and students. They seem really pleased to be in my class and many times today I was told, "You are the best teacher." I can proudly say that my students are not afraid of coming to my class tomorrow. :) Then will begin the torture: Monday-Thursday homework, Friday optional for extra credit; NOTES!NOTES!NOTES! but to be used on tests; serious rules such as "Use pen, do it again," etc..
I guess that is all for now, it's my bedtime. But with 179 days of school left, I'm sure there will be more postings.
Monday, August 29, 2005
First Day of School
Posted by
Nicole Tromble
at
7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good to hear you're excited about the year. Randi (Jenn's friend JC's wife) is apparently having a tough time adjusting to teaching HS math in Kentucky ... apparently the kids aren't as excited about learning math as one could hope.
I made up some questions for a RAT (readiness assessment test) for water resources engineering today. The kids didn't do so well ... about 55%. Perhaps they should have studied more, right? : - )
That's what I like about my classes. I don't have to give tests or correct homework.
Post a Comment