Friday, August 5, 2005

New Cooking Theme

I suggest: my favorite meal to make in thirty minutes or less. (I picked this theme because I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight ... If someone could post today, that would be really helpful!)

Or, what would you make if all you had in your fridge were: tomatoes, zucchini, cucumer, onions, butter, eggs and a little cheese?

8 comments:

Rone' said...

With those ingredients, I would make an omelet. But I know that quiches are your specialty.

ET said...

Personally, I'd try to trade refrigerators with someone, or go to the store to restock, or go out for dinner. If I was unable to do any of those three, I would check to make sure there wasn't anything worthwhile in the cupboards. If I swung and missed on that one too ... I'd just scramble myself some eggs. Although, butter and eggs are two ingredients for cookies ... if I could conjure up the rest of the supplies, I'd make cookies. No, they wouldn't be garden cookies!

Tanya said...

They could be cookies with Reeses chunks in them. But that's more of a dessert and I was looking for a main course.

Tanya said...

My favorite meal to make in thirty minutes or less is probably stir fry veggies (with whatever there is in the fridge) and rice or pasta. Unfortunately this is not Sylain's favorite thirty minute or less meal. He's more of a steak and mashed potatoes sort of guy. Even, maybe you should give me some of your meat/poultry cooking and marinating recipes/tips. Last night we had frozen pizza. That's always a convenient easy meal, though not very healthy, I must admit.

Kristen said...

Pre-Tom by favorite 5 minute meal was:

Toast a slice of bread in toaster. On serving plate,microwave veggie burger for 1 min 40 seconds. Sprinkle with pepper & garlic powder, spread with dijon mustard. Top with a slice of cheddar, barbecue sauce and a mound of sauerkraut. Microwave for another minute & 20 seconds. Lift the patty and place the toast underneath. (Yes, put the patty back down on the toast.) Eat.

Post-Tom I don't cook.

PS--check out a clarification to Tom's suggestion for patties on that previous post.

Galen Tromble said...

Yes, definitely an omelet with those ingredients.

Pasta. Start with a commercial sauce. Chop up and add all the extra vegies you want. Cook some ground beef. Split the vegie sauce and put meat in the man's 3/4. :)

Galen

ET said...

MEAT! It's what's for dinner. It doesn't take much to make meat taste good ... some things I use are texas fajita mix that I got in Goliad, mixed with a little extra black pepper and red pepper ... brown sugar, pineapple juice, ginger, black pepper and a little garlic is good on steak and chicken, but better on steak. Italian type seasonings on chicken are good, with pasta. Really, meat is hard to screw up. In fact, I'd think that an intelligent man like Sylvain could learn to fix his one meat ... don't you?

Tanya said...

You'd think, but you might be surprised. France seems to be in a different meaty dimension!