Monday, September 15, 2008

Painting and Other Projects

It seems like the only time I can use the computer is when Roy is sleeping. Lately, I have been having trouble staying asleep, so I find things to do rather than stay in bed. When Tanya was visiting, I managed to paint the entire living room by breakfast time (tempered sage - sort of white with a hint of green). Since then I have painted the nursery (pale vista - soft green) and a mural on one wall. Here is a picture of my efforts.

I'm also sewing curtain panels for the nursery (3 different fabrics: butterflies on a black background, leaves in shades of green, and purple butterflies on lavender background); a photo will follow once complete.

Once I know where I want to hang things on the nursery wall, I plan to paint two scenes of Peter Rabbit/Wind in the Willow-ish on large canvases.

I'm enjoying getting these things done, but am looking forward to Roy having a bit more free time to help with painting some other "primed" rooms and starting winterizing the house and yard.

6 comments:

Rone' said...

Where's the picture?

Roy said...

You mean you can't see it? It's there!

Nicole told me that she needed me to attach a picture to her post some time around 6:30 this morning, and I didn't get to bed until at least 2, so I didn't exactly remember when I woke up.

Tanya said...

Looks nice! Is it a stencil? Or did you draw it by hand?

Roy said...

It was hand drawn.

Galen Tromble said...

Peter Rabbit?
Wind in the Willows??
...NOT.... Watership Down???

mt San Francisco said...

The mural looks great!