Monday, January 4, 2010

Dining Room Redo

The two days leading up to our flight to attend the 2009 Trombleganza in Oklahoma, I decided to paint the dining room.  Roy thinks it is odd that I take up these projects at strange times, but something about it makes me feel like I should just get it done.

Anyways, I decided to paint the top half the same color (new as well) as the living room and the bottom half several shades darker.  From the pictures, you can see the old colors.  Again, the top half was the same as the living room (at the time before I repainted it) and the bottom several shades darker.




I really like the new colors.  The make the space more mature and/or neutral, plus the make the wood trim feel somewhat richer.



The project isn't completed.  I hope to have a chair rail up soon and sew some curtain panels to flank the existing white lace curtains.  (*Photos to follow.)

1 comments:

Rone' said...

I like the ladybugs ... but the view of them isn't very good. Cute!