Thursday, January 7, 2010

How Cold Was It?

It was cold in Oklahoma today. Not so cold that I put a jacket on to take Andrew up to the sitter's this morning, but cold enough that OU wasn't officially open until 10:30 AM and OKC canceled school (it's canceled tomorrow as well). But, I realized it was cold a little after noon when I was walking from the LNC parking lot to the NWC (about 3/8 of a mile, or so) and about 1/4 mi into the trek I looked down at my styrofoam cup of soda and saw that the liquid that splashed up onto the side of the cup while I was walking was freezing to the side of the cup above the liquid/ice cube mixture line. However, it wasn't so cold that the main volume of soda/ice froze into a heterogeneous solid. But, I think it's supposed to be colder tomorrow!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

I tried to jog from Alicia's house to Susannah's house to pick up Andrew, but the cold had apparently gotten to my bones and a pain was shooting through my ankles every time I set down my foot, so I had to resort to just walking.